Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I almost got arrested... or so I'm told

Ok... so if you're reading this, you must be really bored and have gone through all of the other blogs, and just wanted to see if perhaps I had written something again... well today you are in luck... I'm writting again!

well at least for one night.

Ok... so the word is out a little so I can write about this and not feel to bad for giving some stuff away. Sunday we're starting a series called SHINE 2008... we're reaching out to the community around us.
Well one of the creative ideas was to show a video behind one of the songs that was going to be sung on Sun.

The video consists of scenes from around the city... so today I took off in my car and started videotaping the city in action. One of the scenes needed to be a school. My wife now works for one of the local schools, and I wanted to see her anyway, so I went to her school (which is going to one of the sites for our service project).
While there I just drove around the parking lot videotaping (being sure not to tape kids faces and such, cause I didn't think that was appropriate).

Upon departing the school and arriving at my next stop, I get a phone call from my wife... who informs me that she happened upon a conversation in the hall of her school... that was somewhat frantic.
The gentlemen talking asked her if she had seen a suspicous car in the parking lot... she said no... cause to her, my car is not suspicious. They told her not to be alarmed and steps were being taken....

Out of curiousity... she asked for the description of the car... when it matched mine... she informed them of my intent to video for church and community outreach purposes....

apparently their next step was to call the police and have them search the city for the car... that's right an APB on me!

Awesome!

Well only in thought.... I'm truly glad I wasn't arrested, that Greg didn't have to bail me out, and the video did get shot - and some good footage too!


See ya on Sunday, you can tell me if you think it was worth the trouble.

Smile - God is Good - All the time!

No comments: