Thursday, May 29, 2008

Kids are surprising!

We had our "End of School" night @ THRIVE last night.  It was fun, talked about EHUD and cutting the "fat" out of our lives so we can focus on following God without all the distractions.

After all the students were gone it was my wife and I and our 3 children remaining in the parking lot.  It's usually an ordeal to see who the kids are riding with home.  Last night they all choose to jump in my car with me.  We had the all buckled up - and then my son changes his mind and wants to ride home with mommy.

I was somewhat frustrated... we're already buckled we live less than 2 min from the church... just sit down and lets go!

But he jumped out and ran to his mothers vehicle and jumped in.

When I got home, my wife said that my son said the sweetest thing to her....

Mommy... I just didn't want you to be alone!

How sweet of my son... and how true for us.
We were created for relationships and we just don't want to be alone.
So today...take time to acknowledge your creator who loves you, wants to live in you, and doesn't want you to do life ALONE!

No comments: