Thursday, May 22, 2008

Obscure

So we're doing this series in our student ministry called "Obscure"... basically looking at people in the Bible that we may just skim over... but who have an amazing story.

Last Night one of our graduates, David Nichols, spoke on Mordecai.  He spoke of taking a stand for Christ even when it seems like everything is stacked against you... great job! 

But while David was in my office I was reading for my own spiritual growth.  I've been reading through the book of Judges, and I came across some passages, that normally I would skim over and move on.... you know.... this guy came in turned the people back to God, he died, the people went back to worshipping idols... over and over again... 

But as I was reading I was looking for that obscure story ... AND I FOUND IT...

I don't want to say to much - but I think this is the best story of all time.  

EHUD is the MAN!

Check it out read it, see if you can find the obscure story behind the man!

I've been on the weight loss kick... lost almost 65 lbs... and this story just shows me another reason I don't want to be "fat" anymore.

A FAT king, a left handed judge, and a toilet!   

This story rocks!

Enjoy

No comments: