Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I Lost My Job... and It's Exciting!

Ok... so yesterday I got the news... I lost my job, and it's been exciting to say the least!

Now before you start boo hooing... or calling the church office demanding to know what the deal is... or gossiping about what horrible thing I must have done to lose my job... 

All I really mean to say is...

We've hired a new student ministry pastor.   <: )

We heard yesterday that he was going to take the job, and we're really excited.  Not because we're moving out of student ministry, not because I will only have one title now (although it will be some relief), not because we've been looking for over a year and it seems like we've been so close so many times....

but because we've waited on God and found the "RIGHT" guy.  He's pumped and excited about being apart of this team and taking the student ministry to the next level and beyond.
That is why this is exciting... I feel like this guy will be able to do some amazing things with and for students and their families. 

He'll be here in a few weeks so just hang on for a little bit longer....
I'm not saying his name, cause I don't want it to get out - you never know who reads this stuff.
I want him to be able to make his exit at his current church on his terms.

So be praying for him and his wife - it's almost done! ... and then... it's just begun!

No comments: