Saturday, June 21, 2008

And Down it goes...

Today was a great day.

We finished our church league softball tournament today.  I love playing sports... we were out there all day.  My kids got NASTY dirty... they loved it too!

Upon coming home we made them strip down and jump right into baths and showers.  While there I was reminded that one of the toilets in our house does not work.  It just happens to be the one in the master bathroom, which makes for an unhappy wife.

Our worship pastor used to be an plumber, and my intentions were to ask him to come and fix it. When I finally remembered to ask him... he said he just didn't have time to do it before they left town... but would talk me through the process.... 

Drawing me diagrams, talking about taking tanks off... holy cow I didn't know what I was getting into.  I don't mind trying new stuff and fixing stuff around the house, but admittedly I am more tech savvy than I am mechanical... 

BUT I DID IT! - It flushes and everything!   I CAN USE THE BATHROOM NOW!

I now... exciting isn't it.  Sometimes we just don't think we're the right person for the job, we expect someone else to step in and do it.  I'm not the best, the right fit, the look, the....  But God gives us everything we need for life and godliness.... try something new today... get your hands dirty, serve, be apart of team.  YOU CAN DO IT.


No comments: