Saturday, June 7, 2008

Now I've really lost it!

Ok... so everyone around here has been asking me... Scott are you losing weight? or Scott how are you doing it?  like there is some magic pill that I've been hoarding to myself. 

Ok... here is the answer... yes I've lost weight.  About 65 lbs. now.   How have I done it... lets see.
I get up every morning and go to the gym for about an hour and lift and run.  I was playing basketball three times a week @ 5:45 am (which I plan on doing again now that it is summer and the kids don't have to go anywhere).  I stopped eating excessive amount of food, cut out all sugar drinks, and don't eat late at night.  It took about 8 months for anyone to really notice I was losing weight.... so there is  no magic or quick way to do it... you just have to sweat and get it done.

But this blog is not about me losing weight... I've lost something else... 
because of the weight coming off... my fingers have gotten smaller and so... my rings don't fit so well anymore.

I've lost my wedding ring 3 times!

Once at a basketball game - Amy and I had just mentioned needing to get our rings resized cause they were fitting loosely.  And five minutes later I was searching the basketball court for my ring.  I found it near an exit door.. wheww that was a close one.

#2 I was getting the girls dressed after their bath and noticed my ring was missing yet again.  I felt confident it was still in the bath tub... and it was... wheww  still got it.

#3 We took the family to the lake.  We were just swimming near the shore.  Again I had just mentioned to Amy the need to take my rings off... because they were a little loose.  My youngest daughter was on the shore crying for her daddy to come and get her... and then it happened.  As i paddled my way in I felt it go... my ring... slipping off my finger into the brown abyss which is the shoreline of lake Keowee.   My ring - gone for good.

It has been weird without a ring... I don't like it.   I have to get a new one!   This is driving me nuts.

I really hate losing stuff!

No comments: