Thursday, June 19, 2008

"It Is Finished"

Last night was my last night to teach the students as their student pastor.  I concluded my ministry here with a series called "2".  

It was the 2 most important things they needed to know.  I've always said that we're packing their bags... for one day they will leave and be on their own, out of the student ministry to do life.  So we're packing their bags and preparing them to do life on their own.

I decided to end it with the top 2 things to pack in their bags.  When I began to think about what that was, I was drawn to Matthew 22:33-39.  Here Jesus lays out the top two things to pack in your bags.   This isn't just for students, or for you... it was for me.

#1 Love God... with all of me

#2 Love People... with all of him

I hope that I've made a lasting impact on the lives of the students here, and I will continually pray for them that God will continue to bless the ministry here and change their lives.

Thank you God for allowing me an awesome opportunity  - you've truly changed my life through serving.

No comments: