Thursday, June 12, 2008

Hidden Talent in the booth

So I've had a student running sound for us for the last two years in our student ministry.  He was a little slow getting connected, but has become a huge part of our ministry and tech team.  He is now serving in our main services as our Assistant Sound tech in our booth.

It's always been one of those things that has been evident to me... but not always easy to pull off... I need to do less and let others do more.  One of the things I've had a hard time letting go of ... and finding someone that could not just fill in but lead out in... was leading worship for the students.  

I didn't want to always be on stage... singing, doing announcements,and then teaching.  I've tried to find those to help take over some of these areas.  We've had a few come through that have tried it out... some stick... some don't.  But I've always taught and sang...

Last Tues. I couldn't be at band practice, the guy that was going to sing, couldn't... so the band was going to practice without a singer.... Wouldn't you know it... the guy in the booth, that has been behind the scenes for two years now, came out and practiced with the band.

I get a phone call... Can I sing? - I don't know... can you?

I told him I would have to hear him, and see how he did at leading from the stage before I would OK the move.... and WARREN did an amazing job...  he came out of the booth and took the stage and really led in worship.

Thanks Warren for doing a great job... the position is now yours!


Just reminds me that God has people with gifts and talents we just need to give them an opportunity to grow and shine!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Scott,
Yeah i'm psyched that you found Warren and his talents...He's a great guy and i hope it works for the both of you..God Bless

Byrt

Anonymous said...

Scotty!!! Wassup man??? Dude I am so excited thanks so much. I can't wait to see what God will do with this!

~Warren

Shannon said...

That is awesome!