Tuesday, June 17, 2008

What did you just say?

I love being around kids.  Maybe that's why I've enjoyed student ministry for the past 12 years.  I get to hear what they say and get blown away by what God teaches them, often in spite of me.  
I love going to BIG STUF camp and hearing how God is working on their life....

but best of all...

I love hearing what my kids say....

Last night my 2 yr old was sitting in the chair in my bedroom... while she should have been sleeping.  And just when I'm about to get on to her for not being in bed... she looks up at me with those big eyes and says "I wuv you, daddy!" - ok stay up all night, take the car,  do you need a credit card.... wow I love that.

My other daughter just as sweet... but bluntly honest. I was laying on the floor and she came over and put her hand on my stomach..."daddy, you have a big belly" - I guess she didn't read my blog about how much weight I've lost.  But she is all girl.  This morning before leaving the car, she had to take out her make-up case (fake) and put on make-up before getting out.  Guys wanting to date this girl will have their hands full.


My son can always blow me away with his thoughts and knowledge... This morning on the way to a VBS in our community he was quoting his memory verse over and over and over 
again
... cause he just didn't want not to know it.  My wife told me that when she picked him up he was brought out to the car by his teacher.  She asked if Stephen had already attended a VBS like this one.  Amy told her no...and she proceeded to tell her how amazed she was that he knew all the answers, and how deep his thought process was on all the questions they had asked.
He's a thinker, like his dad - maybe a pastor someday... that's between him and God!

I love my kids and learn from them daily.
Thanks God for blessing my life with my kids.


No comments: