Monday, June 23, 2008

I can see you... in HD now!

We were in staff meeting this morning... I love staff meetings... no really I do!  We get to hear what each ministry is doing and how God is moving and blowing us away with the methods in which he does it. 

So any way, there we were talking, and a knock comes at the door, I'm told the AVT contractors need to see me.  These guys are in the middle of installing our new equipment and I had fears running through my head of what the issue could be. 

But the only issue they had was ... where do you want us to put your new HD cameras.  I bout nearly wet myself, I was so excited.  These guys set one up in my office for us to mess around
 with... holy cow I was zooming in on stuff all day long.  I loved it.

These things come equipped with everything!  If you don't run camera's at FCC you will want to now.  These toys are so cool.

But it reminds me God has done it without these things, and doesn't need them.  He is moving in the hearts of people and we should never think that we have arrived or need another computer or better camera to get his message across.  He just wants to use us.  (I know coming from a tech guy that is hard to swallow... just don't tell my executive pastor i wrote this) So grab the handles -  pan, tilt, zoom in and find where you can be used by God... he's given you the tools you need... you've had them all along.

But toys don't hurt!


1 comment:

Shannon said...

Oh Scott, my tech-headed brother! You are walking a fine line with all this talk of not needing new computers, etc! Take it back...take it back!!!!